Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Snow Fun!

Making a snow angel in her sandbox


We had a hefty winter blast in our area that started on Friday evening. For the first time in I don't know how long, the forecasters were right! Between Friday evening and Saturday night, our area received a nice "dusting" of snow. It was the light, powdery type, so there was a lot of blowing and drifting. I received a call on Friday night letting me know that our office would be closed on Saturday (woo hoo! I miss my childhood snow days)!

We tried to get Alina Jayne to play outside on Saturday, but she informed us "no thanks guys, it is too deep out there, that is not fun snow." Finally today we talked her into going outside for a while. We got well over a foot of snow, although it is hard to tell in the pics after our German Shepherds had a great time running around the yard flattening the snow out! I have to say, Alina Jayne was right. It wasn't the "fun snow." It was too powdery to make snowballs or a snowman-but it was nice to spend some time outside anyway! The hot cocoa afterward was even better :O)

Let's make a snowman!!!

Alina Jayne with Heidi & Rommel

I told you this wasn't good snow-can't make a snowman, can we go in now?

No comments:

Post a Comment